Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweet Treat!

          The town is painted with red! It’s the time of the year once again when every corner has something red—the color of love and romance. Yes, it’s the Red Day, Heart’s Day, Valentine’s Day!! Hmmm, so what’s the best treat for our loved ones or the special someone? What else??! Something SWEET!! Yeah I’m talking here about food, desserts specifically.

            As a chocolate fanatic (I guess I’m not the “addict” type yet.. **wink!) and someone who has sweet tooth, I crave for sweets most of the time. And when life gets bitter, eating sweets is my key and life is heaven once more.. :)

            I will share with you two (2) of my favorite sweet shops. First is Cara Mia Gelateria. Under Amici chain of restaurants, this modern day version of traditional Italian's gelateria is well-suited for Filipinos' taste buds. 


 Cara Mia's Mango Symphony

 Mouth-watering mango chunks mixed in gelato on a bed of graham crust



Nocciola Gateau Cake
Hazelnut cheese cream & dark chocolate filling between layers of crispy meringue speckled with cocoa powder, crushed hazelnut on top & side



 My all time favorite Mint with Chocolate Gelato


  Sans Rival Gelato



           My other fave dessert shop is Park Avenue Desserts (PAD) by Chef Buddy Trinidad. From minis to regular sizes, PAD truly makes cakes in a very special way. They accept customized cakes and they have other sweet treats as well.  


Roca Cake
Cream brulee and caramel on almond biscuit covered in chocolate & almonds
This is my favorite! :) An explosion of chocolate in my mouth. Such a piece of heaven!


Red Velvet Cake


Park Avenue Desserts Branch:
G/F Paseo de Magallanes Commercial Center, Makati City


Cara Mia Branches:
-Don Bosco Compound, Makati City
-Ayala Triangle Gardens, Makati City
-Mega Atrium, SM Megamall
-The Annex, SM North EDSA
-Bellagio Square, Quezon City
-Missouri Square, Greenhills



Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.
-Ernestine Ulmer

No comments:

Post a Comment